Welcome to SubwayNut.com, a website that is dedicated to rail based transit systems and trains in the United States and Canada, and whose goal is to have a photo essay of every station on every system.
Leave No Station Unphotographed! — the blog of SubwayNut.com. Check in for my latest whereabouts and website updates as I photograph transit systems throughout the country!
- Superstorm Sandy — a timeline of the Transit Systems' Recovery
New York City Subway Stations — the main backbone of this website. Photo Essays of all 468 Subway Stations are now here
The Bronx — every subway station in the Bronx!
- PATH — New York City's other tiny subway, photos of every station
- Other Systems Around New York City
- Canada — including every Toronto TTC, Vancouver SkyTrain, Ottawa, and Edmonton Light Rail Station!
- Amtrak — as I visit new places I photograph every Amtrak Station I can get to. I'm over a tenth through.
- The Rocky Mountain West — featuring every Salt Lake City, and Phoenix Light Rail Station, and FrontRunner Regional Rail Station
- The Pacific Northwest — with every Amtrak Cascades, Portland Link & WES, Seattle Sounder & Link Station!
- Transit systems in California — skeletal coverage, I have visited every light rail station in the state, still a work in progress
- Other Cities:
- Chicago 'L' — the Chicago L, every station is here!
- Minneapolis Hiawatha Line — every station that was open when I visited is there for this modern light rail system, the new St. Paul line isn't here yet.
- Boston T — every Subway Station, and underground Green Line Station with a small bit of Commuter Rail
- Buenos Aires — the only place outside of North America I've managed to get on this website. The Subtre includes Linea A that uses the oldest metro rolling stock in the world La Brugeoise cars, celebrating 100 years.
- Downtown and Airport Peoplemovers — a project to showcase the automated transit systems in Airports and the few that run through downtowns:
- SubwaySounds — recordings of those automated announcements, mostly from New York. no longer updating
SubwayNut designed Maps — I've designed my own versions for a few rapid transit system maps.
- Older Sections of this website — these sections have not changed in years and I am undecided what to do with them, but there is still interesting content:
- Transit Events — Fan Trips involving historic rolling stock from back in 2004 around the subway centennial.
- TripLogs — adventures on Amtrak and other rail fanning adventures from before I started the blog
- Subway Destination Signs — A webpage devoted to the usual and unusual destination signs subway trains have.
- The New R160 Subway Cars — coverage from late 2005
- The Housatonic Railroad — what was supposed to be an entire section dedicated to freight trains that I haven't made, although I'm not all that interested in them. This is a short line railway in Connecticut
- Vintage Ads — the historic ads that are now on the transit museum's vintage subway car Fleet.
This Website is maintained and copyright © 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Jeremiah Cox. This is a hobby website and is not affiliated with any transit provider. Please do not remote link images from this website to other websites. Contact the Webmaster